Preparation of Triethylammonium Biocarbonate (1 liter of 2 M)
- Mix 279 mls (202.4 gms) TRIETHYLAMINE with 721 mls COLD water. The triethylamine does not dissolve entirely, leaving an oily layer.
- Bubble CARBON DIOXIDE through the mixture using a glass sparger (aquarium stone) or frit for 1 to 3 hours until the pH drops to 7.5; the oily layer will disappear.
- Store 2 M TEAB stock solution at 4 °C.
Removing TEAB from Pooled Column Fractions
- Pool appropriate peaks.ID the appropriate peak by spotting samples on TLC plates. Freeze peaks until ready for drying.
- Rotovap the pooled peak fractions to near dryness (< 0.1× starting volume). Resuspend residue in 80% methanol and repeat 3-4 times to remove all TEAB. Dry completely and dissolve final residue in water.
- Determine the concentration based upon extinction coefficient, aliquot, and store at -80 °C.